It is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of Dr. Donald Klitgaard
Job Type: Part-time
About MedLink Advantage
MedLink Advantage believes that one of the simplest and least disruptive ways for most physicians to make a transition into value-based care is to join an Accountable Care Organization (ACO), such as a Medicare Shared Savings Program or Commercial Accountable Care Organization. ACOs offer enormous opportunity for patients and providers to work together to increase quality of care, lower costs and improve the health of the community.
MedLink Advantage provides a template for successfully providing quality care while improving cost efficiency. We offer a full host of ACO Management Services for our partners and participating providers. Our team is highly driven, forward thinking, hard-working individuals who believe the future of healthcare is proactive, data-driven, and primary care-led.
Our managed ACOs are physician led and built by a group of dedicated primary care physicians and administrators who came together to share best practices around patient-centered care, improve the health of patients and populations, reduce unnecessary health care costs and prepare physicians for success under current and future reform and regulatory changes.
We are driving the transformation of healthcare from the bottom up by partnering with independent PCPs, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), Rural Health Centers (RHCs) and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and helping them take charge of bringing a new care delivery philosophy to the patients that need it the most.
MedLink Advantage is searching for an ACO Medical Director with a broad perspective on health care, including population-based and preventive health care strategies. ACO Medical Director leadership is critical for better patient outcomes, clinical performance, and professional satisfaction. The ACO Medical Director provides physicians with a useful framework for conceptualizing and developing strategies for both large and small practices.
The role involves working with our independent physicians, FQHCs, RHCs and CAHs to manage the total cost of care, quality and patient experience for approximately 7500 Medicare ACO patients and 6000 Commercial ACO patients, and be roughly responsible for $82M and $30M respectively.
The goal is to increase access to care, enhance the patient experience, strengthen the relationship between PCPs and patients, and to eliminate wasteful and expensive healthcare spending – i.e., improve outcomes and lower costs.
· Facilitating and leading board of director meetings and physician meetings at the ACO practices, FQHCs, RHCs or CAHs
· Traveling to meet current practices, to build relationships and promote ACO successful performance.
· Promoting population health strategies, sharing comparative performance dataand educating practices, on risk adjustment, value-based purchasing etc.
· Providing leadership, direction and support in the development, integration, management and growth of Heartland Health ACO and Wellmark ACO.
· Monitoring the ACO’s quality goals and other KPIs and ensuring the timely reporting of metrics.
· Developing and refreshing clinical content for educational forums including quality improvement workshops, monthly practice meetings and bi-annual learning collaboratives.
· Participating in the ACO’s efforts to generate new workflow process ideas and assisting in various business development activities that are reasonably related to ACO’s participation in value-based care models.
· Working with ACO practices, to develop, obtain buy-in, and implement core strategies and tactics that result in more efficient, cost-effective operations.
· Staying abreast of all regulatory changes from CMS & Wellmark and communicating these changes to those responsible for incorporating these changes into their standards, policies or procedures.
· Outreaching and recruiting new practices to build our network of healthcare practices
· Other non-medical administrative services as may be reasonably assigned.
· Medical degree, either a M.D. or a D.O.
· Minimum seven years of clinical experience in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Medicine-Pediatrics or Geriatrics with Current Board Certification
· Five years of management experience in progressive leadership positions responsible for managing direct reports.
· Experience with population health analytics and claims/clinical data analysis
· One year experience managing budgets
· Candidates need to be able to communicate effectively
Candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please upload your resume.